TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the giveaway website and who are 18 years and older as of the date of entry. If you have won a giveaway or taken advantage of another Dahlberg Portraits offer, special, or promotion within the past 365 days, you are not eligible to win. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Dahlberg Portraits, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Dahlberg Portraits as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online. All online entries must be received by December 31st, 2022.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at giveaway website. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Dahlberg Portraits. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Dahlberg Portraits.
5. Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a Commissioned Portrait for your home. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Dahlberg Portraits. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Dahlberg Portraits discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Dahlberg Portraits to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected under the supervision of Dahlberg Portraits. Winner will be notified by means of telephone and email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Dahlberg Portraits shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 8 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Dahlberg Portraits SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Dahlberg Portraits, anyone acting on behalf of Dahlberg Portraits, and Dahlberg Portraits licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Dahlberg Portraits. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Dahlberg Portraits from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Dahlberg Portraits may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Dahlberg Portraits reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Dahlberg Portraits control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Dahlberg Portraits may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Dahlberg Portraits. Dahlberg Portraits reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Dahlberg Portraits has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Dahlberg Portraits reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. All bookings require a fully refundable booking fee of $200 unless you do not show up for your session or cancel within 14 days of the scheduled session time (see clause 11 & 12).
11. Appointment Reschedule Policy/Gift Certificates and Promotional Vouchers entitle the holder to a SINGLE APPOINTMENT ONLY. Once made, an appointment cannot be rescheduled and the Gift Certificate or Promotional Voucher is deemed to have been used in full at that original appointment time and date.*NOTE: In exceptional circumstances, management may, at their sole discretion, reschedule an appointment and carry forward the Gift Certificate.
12. Cancellation/No Show Policy: Non-attendance (NO SHOW) at an appointment without notice, will result in the forfeiture of your retainer fee. The Gift Certificate or Promotional Voucher is then deemed to have been used in full.
13. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Dahlberg Portraits and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
14. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND Iowa, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Iowa having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
16. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Dahlberg Portraits. Requests must be received no later than December 31st, 2022.
17. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Dahlberg Portraits
18. Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Dahlberg Portraits is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
19. Our artists reserve exclusive studio time to provide you with our very best, personalized one-on-one service while we create your family’s artwork. So that we may accommodate you with the level of service you deserve, we do require a fully refundable deposit. This is to secure your portrait session and is refunded at your appointment. We require a 14 day notice to cancel or reschedule your portrait session. Failure to show without notice will result in forfeiture of your prize and deposit as stated in clause 10,11 & 12.